1. Who is the Chief Guest in the 61st Republic Day of India?
a)Mohammad Nasheed b)Vladimar Putin c)Nursultan Nazarbayev d)Lee Myung-bak e)none of these
2. Who is the new National Security Advisor for India?
a)Meera Shankar b)K Shankarnarayanan c)P Chidambaram d)Shiv Shankar Menon e)none of these
3. Which state government has proposed to make voting compulsory in all local bodies elections?
a)Andhra Pradesh b)Tamilnadu c)Gujarat d)Rajasthan e)Karnataka
4. A/c to National Crime Records bureau, which state records most number of farm suicides during 2003-08?
a)Andhra Pradesh b)Maharashtra c)Karnataka d)Madhya Pradesh e)Bihar
5. According to Central Government, how many educational institutes in India failed to meet the standards and norms set by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?
a)25 b)36 c)44 d)45 e)51
6. Recently which country tested its biggest and most powerful rocket motor called S-200?
a)India b)US c)Russia d)North Korea e)Israel
7. Who has been honoured as ‘Order of Diplomatic Service Merit’ in recognition of his contribution in promoting India-Korea bilateral relations?
a)Narayana Murthy b)Shashi Tharoor c)Venu srinivasan d)Azim Premji e)S Ramadorai
8. Who is the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
a)Shyamala Gopinath b)Venu Srinivasan c)Chandrajit Banerjee d)Y V Reddy e)R Seshasayee
9. The six core industries registered a growth of ____ in December 2009 as against a growth of 0.7% in the same month of previous year?
a)3.1% b)4.0% c)5.5% d)6.0% e)none of these
10. ONGC is planning to set-up a bio-diesel plant at vodalarevu, to meet the energy requirements. Vodalarevu is in which state?
a)Andhra Pradesh b)Karnataka c)Tamilnadu d)Kerala e)none of these.
11. Recently Election Commission of India celebrated ___________?
a)Silver Jubilee b)Golden Jubilee c)Diamond Jubilee d)Platinum jubilee e)none
12. Who is the author of the book ‘The Rediscovering of India’?
a)Jawaharlal Nehru b)Meghnath Desai c)Mithi Mukherjee d)V.S.Naipaul e)Indira Gandhi
13. How many crores the Union government is expecting from the 3G auction?
a)10,000 b)20,000 c)28,000 d)35,000 e)40,000
14. The Under-19 Cricket world Cup 2010 is held at _______________?
a)India b)Australia c)New Zealand d)South Africa e)West Indies
15. How many persons were awarded for the first “Tagore Literature Awards 2009’?
a)one b)two c)three d)five e)eight
16. Recently government has decided to come up with the Whole Price Index (WPI) on the monthly basis. What is the base year for computing this data?
a)1993-94 b)2000-01 c)2004-05 d)2008-09 e)none of these
17. Which country unveiled a record of $1 trillion budget for the fiscal year 2010-11?
a)US b)China c)Japan d)South Korea e)UK
18. Who is the winner of CNN-IBN Indian of the Year 2009?
a)A R Rehman b)Venkataraman Ramakrishnan c)Jyothi Basu d)Manmohan Singh e)none of these
19. Lionel Messi is the FIFA World Player of year 2009. He belongs to which country?
a)Brazil b)Germany c)Spain d)Argentina e)Italy
20. Recently which Country’s Airlines has filed for bankruptcy?
a)US b)UK c)Germany d)Germany e)Japan